Bible Activities, COVID-19 Activities, Crafts, Just for Fun!

TCAC Online After School Clubs

We are offering FIVE exciting online After School Clubs for 9 weeks, January to March, plus Kids’ Church every Sunday.

1. JK-Gr. 6 KIDS’ CHURCH: Sundays, 11:30 am-12:30 pm – every week
  2. JK-Gr. 2 CRAFT Club: Tuesdays, 3:45-4:15 pm- Jan.12-Mar.9
  3. JK-Gr. 2 STORY Club: Wednesdays, 3:45-4:15 pm- Jan.13-Mar.10
  4. Gr. 3-6 WRITING Club: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm – Jan.12-Mar.9
  5. Gr. 3-6 ART Club: Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm – Jan.13-Mar.10
  6. Gr. 3-6 GAMES Club: Saturdays, 2:00-3:00 pm – Jan.16-Mar.13

Register Here for JK-Gr. 2 Clubs: https://forms.gle/A3B3cRzk8Gban38H7
Register Here for Gr. 3-6 Clubs: https://forms.gle/BCkwtKUsBaLgGTEk7

Registration Deadline: January 3, 2021
You can find out more about the five clubs & Kids’ Church below or by writing to kidsministry@tcaconline.org.

JK-Gr.6 Kids’ Church
Does your JK-Gr.6 child love to be kind? The Bible offers important life lessons and morals to help your child grow in genuine love and compassion. Kids from JK through Grade 6 are welcome to join us every week in KIDS’ CHURCH for songs, Bible stories and activities, and small group discussion and games. Come join us for faith-filled fun!
When: Sundays 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, every week
Where: Zoom
Cost: Free

JK-Gr. 2 Craft Club
Does your JK-Gr. 2 child love crafts? The CRAFT CLUB teacher, Everest Chance, says, “God called me to serve Him by teaching kids to do crafts so here I am! My name is Everest and I love doing artsy and crafty things. In this class for younger children, most of the crafts we make will not be be focused on a beautiful finished product (though that may happen too) but on creative process.”
When: Tuesdays 3:45 to 4:15 pm, Jan.12-Mar.9 (9 weeks)
Where: Zoom
Cost: $20 – to be paid by cash or cheque when you receive the materials

JK-Gr. 2 Story Club
Does your JK-Gr. 2 child love stories? In the STORY CLUB, Annette Ford will read a story to the kids each week and lead them in activities to help them understand and experience the stories. Annette is the Children’s Pastor at TCAC and is a certified Primary-Junior teacher. We’ll be reading books such as: “Your Special Gift,” “Best of All,” “A Perfect Gift for Peyton,” “The Oak Inside the Acorn,” and “The Boy and the Ocean.”
When: Wednesdays 3:45 to 4:15 pm, Jan.13-Mar.10 (9 weeks)
Where: Zoom
Cost: Free

Gr. 3-6 Writing Club
Does your Gr. 3-6 child love to write? In the WRITING CLUB Annette Ford, who is the Children’s Pastor at TCAC and a certified Primary-Junior teacher, will guide the children in story-writing techniques. Each child will work on writing an original story that the Gr. 4-6’s can submit to the Ripple Foundation’s “Kids Write 4 Kids” contest before the March 31st deadline. https://www.ripplefoundation.ca/kids-write-4-kids/contest/
When: Tuesdays 4:30 to 5:30 pm, Jan.12-Mar.9 (9 weeks)
Where: Zoom
Cost: Free

Gr. 3-6 Art Club
Does your Gr. 3-6 child love to be creative? In the ART Club, Anna Pon will teach Hand Lettering/Calligraphy and Annie Shahrokhi will teach how to Crochet and how to make String Bracelets and Gimp bracelets. Anna says, “I work as a nurse, but I love all kinds of ART! I love to introduce people to Hand Lettering/Calligraphy and then see the amazing art. I hope you can join me!” Annie says, “One of my fondest memories is my mother knitting and crocheting when we were watching TV. When I was 6, my mother taught me how to knit, crochet and sew. I’m grateful that my mother taught me these skills as I find my self kitting and crocheting when I’m stressed or need to clear my mind. I’m excited to show everyone how much fun strings can be!”
When: Wednesdays 4:30 to 5:30 pm, Jan.13-Mar.10 (9 weeks)
Where: Zoom
Cost: $20 (to be paid when the materials are given to you)

Gr. 3-6 Games Club
Does your Gr. 3-6 child love to play games? In the GAMES Club, Carmen Yau, one of our Kids’ Church leaders, will lead quiz games like Kahoot!, guessing games like scribbl.io and “Guess What?” with fuzzy pictures. Carmen says, “There are so many games that we can play together and the best part is, you (yes you the kids!) get to choose games and lead us in your favourite activities. If you don’t like leading, then it’s still a fun time to play and hangout. Join us Saturday afternoons from 2 to 3pm – we’d love to have you!”
When: Saturdays 2:00 to 3:00 pm, Jan.16-Mar.13 (9 weeks)
Where: Zoom